68% of customers leave because of poor customer service. A 2% increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10%, and a 5% reduction in customer defection rate leads to a 25% increase in profitability.
Improve customer engagement with self-service customer support
Self-service customer support starts before the customer knows they need assistance. Support content embedded in the product or application such as in-app help, walk-throughs or new feature notifications guide customers to get the most out of the product.
These techniques are then backed up with a comprehensive self-service support site that provides videos and detailed use cases to ensure customers are using the product to its full capacity.
Engaging customers in this way reduces frustration from not being able to accomplish a task, while increasing the perceived value of the product by highlighting new solutions.
Benefits of self-service customer support
- Organisations that have implemented self-service customer support have reported reductions in support costs of up to 35%
- 67% of customers prefer self-service to speaking to a company representative
- 91% of customers say they will use a self-service support site if it is available
How doc-department can help you
doc-department’s technical communications solutions work with product management and customer support teams to create a consistent experience for the customer.
- Information Design to ensure efficiency is built in to the process
- Content Creation to take the pressure off your resources
- Content Distribution to ensure your customers have easy access to the relevant, accurate information they need
- Combine with our assist-ua™ platform for quick implementation and continuous improvement