Complete and accurate documentation is the most important factor for developers when using an API. It is considered even more important than service availability and response time!
High-quality API documentation
High-quality API documentation gives developers confidence in the API, the service and the brand. Poor documentation gives the impression of a poorly maintained API.
- API documentation supports successful adoption of an API
By understanding the full capability of the API, developers use more functionality and, therefore, further increase adoption of the service.
- API documentation is the ‘Marketing’ for an API
Producing high-quality API documentation and making it easily accessible is the best way to promote an API
How doc-department can help you
To ensure that API documentation is properly maintained, especially in fast-paced development environments, requires a robust process followed consistently.
doc-department’s technical communications solutions can help you ensure that your you have the tools, processes and dedicated resource to produce and maintain high-quality API documentation.
- Information Design to ensure efficiency is built in to the process
- Content Creation to take the pressure off your resources
- Content Distribution to ensure developers have easy access to the information they need
- Continuous Improvement with doc-department’s commitment to innovation